You do not have to be good. You do not have to walk on your knees for a hundred miles through the desert, repenting. You only have to let the soft animal of your body love what it loves.

-Mary Oliver

Monday 23 June 2008

Loving life right now

I'm busy - always rushing off to work or another rehearsal - but nevertheless have the time to look around, take a breath, and smile. Yesterday we had a lovely rehearsal for my piece wherein we chose the version of the story we're going to tell and began to build images, and then after it was over I gathered my chorus of women around me to teach them a lullaby/round/sea theme I wrote. We spent over an hour singing. The song is beautiful (it gave Natali goosebumps when we all sang it to her with three of the four parts!), and works far better than I could have expected - now we just have to see if we can make it work within the context of the piece (or make the piece work in the context of the song).

Also pushing life to the sunny side were the Atmosphere/Brother Ali concert last week, which was incredible; the Heaven and Hell Ball last Saturday, which was super fun and saw me coming home at 5am; and Empire of Feathers at the Camden People's Theatre this Thursday, starring three of my nearest and dearest. Not to mention the weather in London of late has been nothing short of lovely. Touch wood, but things are good.

No comments: