You do not have to be good. You do not have to walk on your knees for a hundred miles through the desert, repenting. You only have to let the soft animal of your body love what it loves.

-Mary Oliver

Thursday 30 October 2008

Coming up roses

After a considerable off-balance, we've seemed to have found our balance again as a group. Thank goodness - we were all going a bit nutso for a sec there, and it wasn't doing anyone any good. But you need to push things too far, sometimes, in order to find the balance, and at least for the moment, we're back.

We've also managed to find a narrative and a theme and a structure for the piece! Hooray! And not a moment too soon - we've only got a week left of rehearsal before we ostensibly present something, and so we'll have to work hard to tie all the loose ends together. We've got our work cut out for us, but I believe we can do it.

(Sorry this entry is so harried - I have twenty minutes before I have to be on a train back to Esmoriz, so I'm banging this out as quickly as I can.)

Also of note this week - went to Porto! For the FIRST TIME, even though we'd been here over a MONTH. Ridiculous, especially considering that Porto is actually GORGEOUS and fascinating and fun. So I'm going to try to go back this weekend.

More on that later. But at the moment, I have a train to catch.

No comments: