You do not have to be good. You do not have to walk on your knees for a hundred miles through the desert, repenting. You only have to let the soft animal of your body love what it loves.

-Mary Oliver

Monday 29 October 2007

Homework

One of the classes we have this year is Company Development, which deals with the nitty-gritty of forming and running a theatre company, from health and safety to grant writing to finding rehearsal space. Our first homework assignment is due on Thursday:

  • Write freely and openly about your dream life as an artist. Leave nothing out. Where do you want to be? What kind of work do you want to do? With whom do you want to work? Do you want to be married? Have kids? Pets? Your own yacht?
  • A few days later, write the five biggest obstacles to the realisation of that dream.

I'll let you know what I come up with. At the moment, this assignment is what's churning up the spaces in my head and heart.

1 comment:

Sriracha said...

(Is this related?)I totally found the special gift I was going to send to you under my bed. (Why was it under my bed?! I thought I had sent it! Losing my mind!) and guess what? I'll just bring it to you. Because I'm coming for a little visit to LONDON! In the end of November! Hooray! Email me! Yay! Big yay!