You do not have to be good. You do not have to walk on your knees for a hundred miles through the desert, repenting. You only have to let the soft animal of your body love what it loves.

-Mary Oliver

Monday 14 January 2008

Back in the swing

It doesn't take long for things to kick into high gear. I'm already tired again, but it's a good tired. This past week has been physically demanding (I can only imagine that one day all the aches and pains and soreness will go away), but also lots of fun. We've been exploring childhood more in class, and I've been really good about cycling everywhere, and we had a Butoh workshop for eight hours over two days this weekend, and I had my first Saturday of running the comedy club, and I saw two plays on Sunday. Whew!

Also, I thought I lost my keys for about 24 hours, which was stressful. But I found them again! Thank you, St Anthony, and St Jude! You're my boys!

Ugh. I love the busy, and there's a lot to write about - particularly with starting Butoh classes, which is very new and exciting to me - but I feel at this present moment I lack the concentration to write about much of anything effectively. I blame it on reading so much (I should probably start going straight to sleep when I go to bed at night, instead of cracking my novel and getting sucked in for an extra hour of wakefulness.) Tomorrow I get to sleep in, and so look to Wednesday's entry for more focus.

No comments: