You do not have to be good. You do not have to walk on your knees for a hundred miles through the desert, repenting. You only have to let the soft animal of your body love what it loves.

-Mary Oliver

Wednesday 16 January 2008

Goodness! Lists of goodness!

Life is good these days. I have a sense that 2008 is going to be a really lovely year. Here's why:
  • I feel more fit and happy and settled in my body than I have in years (for serious, I feel so muscled and strong! Check me out!).
  • I feel calm and happy and content.
  • This new work schedule is already doing wonders for my quality of life.
  • I'm spending more time with my flatmates and realising how great it is to live with them.
  • I feel that I have strong, wonderful relationships and friendships with most everybody in my class.
  • I came close to landing my front handspring in Acro on Monday.
  • Our office just ordered Thai food in for lunch today.
  • The sun is out.
  • I am absolutely at peace with (and actually a bit excited about) the fact that my life after this September is an unlimited expanse of "I don't know."
  • Baerbel and Persa and I are planning a weekend trip to Paris in March to see the new Theatre du Soleil show.
  • I just got an email from dear friend and collaborator Ana Mirtha about a theatre festival in Turkey in early May, which there's talk of performing in.
  • I just started another great novel.
  • I get to sleep in (again!) tomorrow morning.

I could go on. It's just that good right now. This is me, sending waves of gratitude out into the universe. Thanks, Universe. You're the best.

No comments: