You do not have to be good. You do not have to walk on your knees for a hundred miles through the desert, repenting. You only have to let the soft animal of your body love what it loves.

-Mary Oliver

Tuesday 18 September 2007

Smells like Autumn

Today is a crisp, clear, chilly day that makes me think of home. It feels like a Macalester day, a Dunns day, a day when you're driving down River Road with the windows down even though it's far too cold for it, and you round a corner and suddenly all the trees are aflame with colour, and it takes your breath away.

I love this weather, but I'd love it more if I owned more sweaters. Time to hit the charity shops.

1 comment:

Janna said...

i'm in LA with one of my clients, and I mistook a pair of size zero shorts for a fabric swatch in Fred Segal.
But my point here is that I would LOVE such a crisp day, instead of a sweaty, blond, SoCal day.

many kisses! j