You do not have to be good. You do not have to walk on your knees for a hundred miles through the desert, repenting. You only have to let the soft animal of your body love what it loves.

-Mary Oliver

Friday 25 July 2008

It's not gonna happen, but still!

So yesterday at Paula's wedding reception (!) wearing my cute new dress (!!) I was regaling my friends with the one-sentence story of OMG-I-came-this-close-to-buying-tickets-to-Morocco-today-but-they're-£100-and-I-just-don't-know. And Diogo turns to me and was like, Why? Buy a cheap flight to Portugal and we'll drive down.

What?

Yes. Drive down to Morocco. From Portugal. Like you do.

Now, I'm pretty sure he was a little drunk (it being a wedding reception and all). And I'm also pretty sure that being in a car with Diogo for hours and days on end could just as easily be a receipe for complete disaster as it could be totally fun. But can we just take a moment to think about HOW COOL IT WOULD BE to take a ROAD TRIP down the coast of Portugal, though Spain, over the strait of Gibraltar, and into Morocco!? Cuz, for serious, that would just be UN.BE.LIEV.A.BLE.

3 comments:

Gemma said...

That would be amazing. I will expect you, should you take this journey to Morocco via Portugal, to wear a camera on your head the entire time so that I, too, can experience every nuance of this awesome trip.

Unknown said...

Oh my God, I'd probably just have to hate you forever then. Unless of course you find a way to let me accompany you as a translator or something?? (I can speak some protuguese now too!!) So jealous! You have to do it.

Unknown said...

Oops... maybe I can speak some, but apparently I can't spell it very well. :) Surprise surprise. As mom always says, "That Marcy!"