You do not have to be good. You do not have to walk on your knees for a hundred miles through the desert, repenting. You only have to let the soft animal of your body love what it loves.

-Mary Oliver

Tuesday 22 July 2008

V for Vacation

It's only two days in, but I don't mind working full-time. It gives me the evenings to play - drinks on the steps of Town Hall with Cecile and Diogo on Saturday, Wall-E with Carrie on Sunday (after the Flower Market and Hackney Farm and Peachy Pimms with Erin and Jones), Hackney Downs and then a BBQ and Persefoni-send-off last night, and tonight? V for Vendetta at the IMAX. Summer rocks.

2 comments:

Hojo Mantooth said...

I know hear into that theatre stuff. To communicate my feelings, I wrote a play.

Prince: I'm goin home! Gonna go purify myself in the waters of lake Minnetonka! July 31st-August 5th is when Matt is gonna be there, so I'm going!

Macbeth: Tomorrow and tomorrow and tomorrow creeps in such a petty pace... when I'm not going to be in Minneapolis!

Lear: I'll not weep/ I have full cause of... What are you guys doing out here?

Prince: I didn't mean to cause you any sorrow, I didn't mean to cause you any pain

Lear: hmm

Prince and Lear: Purple raaaaaain, purple rain puuuurple rain purple rain

Macbeth: Sweet Jesus.

Sweet Jesus: Yes?

CURTAIN!

I'll let the art speak for itself.

Isabel said...

give this man a pulitzer!

also, i failed to mention that the imax experience was the first time i'd ever seen v for vendetta. and today, walking through the underground, there was one of those announcements ... "please be aware that cctv cameras are in operations for your safety and security"... it sounds so ominous to me now! *shiver*

have a great time in minneapolis. spread the love. and try not to give the fbi too much trouble.