You do not have to be good. You do not have to walk on your knees for a hundred miles through the desert, repenting. You only have to let the soft animal of your body love what it loves.

-Mary Oliver

Friday 27 March 2009

Waffler/Procrastinator Extraordinaire

Today was a (mostly) day off. As such, I was going to use it for lots of things. But mostly for writing an essay for entrance into grad school in London.

Does it surprise anyone that I've found ways of dancing around the actual writing of said essay all day long by running errands, and for the past hour by reading related materials online? And now I have to go walk the dog and eat dinner before work?

I'm still deciding if I even want to do this program. Actually, no. That's not true. I'd love to do it. But I'm still deciding if it's what I want and need Right Now. And I'm using that as an excuse to not even try. Lame, lame, lame.


In other news, Rob Brezny had yet more words of wisdom for me today... Argh. When will he stop being so relevant?!

2 comments:

Gemma said...

2 things. 1) my horoscope this week is all about sex. good thing i'm going on vacation! apparently the stars are aligned for sexytime. 2) i have no sage advice for you, except to say that i think "Waffler Extraordinaire" sounds like maybe you are a Master Waffle Maker. maybe this is your true calling. i would like one with bananas and whipped cream, please.

Janna said...

oh my god, you never told me you could cook!!?!

i would like a belgian waffle, with homemade whip cream, and a side of bacon.

also, may I point out that while you may not currently be the Master Application Writer, you are a Master of the following things:
-Cheesy faces in posed photos!
-Existential Crises!
-Super-enthusiastic and welcoming airport hugs!
-Finding cheap hostels!
-Peeing in unorthodox outdoor locations!
-Being Hilarious Most of the Time!
-Making collages!
-Being authentic!
-