You do not have to be good. You do not have to walk on your knees for a hundred miles through the desert, repenting. You only have to let the soft animal of your body love what it loves.

-Mary Oliver

Friday 1 February 2008

Stuff and Things

It's official: I'm totally getting lazy on the blog-front. Apologies, both for that general transgression, and for this entry, which will be scattered and fraught with lists. You have been warned.

Stuff that's happened (or happening) that I think is worth mentioning:
  • I spent all day Sunday on my own doing arty things. I saw an amazing physical theatre show by these guys that made me want to go to circus school. I saw an art exhibition about Sex and Censorship and managed to catch a live string trio concert while I was at it. I also saw The Savages.
  • Also on Sunday, I was mistaken for a Londoner by a 60-something man. He was disappointed to learn I wasn't one, as he'd bet his wife of 30 years that I was. This is me tickled pink.
  • Though its implementation is entirely contingent on visa concerns and dozens of others as-yet-unknown potentially mitigating factors, my British friend Alexander has invited me to join his theatre company after I graduate from LISPA. Who knows whether this will be able to happen, but just the offer itself is pretty exciting (not to mention flattering).
  • Articles like this get me so excited and inspired about what's happening in America.
  • We've been working on Great Speeches in class, and I've found this fascinating one from 1941. I don't know that I agree with it, but I certainly find it fun to work on.

No comments: