You do not have to be good. You do not have to walk on your knees for a hundred miles through the desert, repenting. You only have to let the soft animal of your body love what it loves.

-Mary Oliver

Wednesday 13 February 2008

Wounds of love

The back of my right hand is covered in mysterious bruises that I'm sure I sustained during a solo exercise with Thomas in class yesterday where I repeatedly threw myself (or was thrown) onto acrobatic mats while reciting a text from Charles Mee's The Trojan Women 2.0. I have little freckle bruises on the insides of my forearms as a result of the half-hour impromptu volleyball game we played after class last night (also with Thomas! Thomas playing volleyball! Oh joy!). I am sore as sore can be from the poorly-attended Acro class on Monday, which meant an intense workout for the two of us who were there as we attempted handspring after handspring for seventy minutes straight.

The only thing that could make life better right now would be if I had managed to go to bed at a decent hour last night. As it is, it's pretty fucking great.

1 comment:

Gemma said...

thinking about you. that's all.