You do not have to be good. You do not have to walk on your knees for a hundred miles through the desert, repenting. You only have to let the soft animal of your body love what it loves.

-Mary Oliver

Monday 7 April 2008

Ah, sweet mystery... solved.

I came home from school tonight to find a FedEx envelope addressed to me. It was empty save a CD, still in its shrink wrap, by someone named Sylvie Lewis. The return address was Matt Searle, Cheap Lullaby Records, Venice, CA.

Who is Matt Searle?! Who is Sylvie Lewis?! Who do I know in Venice, CA?! And how the hell did they get my address? I've combed the liner notes for clues, but there are none to be found, it would seem.

And to make things a bit odder, a but funnier... I'd left the CD playing in the kitchen as I came upstairs to write this, and Carrie just walked in:

"Your song is playing."
"What?"
"Track six. It goes, 'Isabel, what the hell, you don't write, you don't call.'"

ADDENDUM:

Thank you, Lindsay! It's lovely. And my song is ever stuck in my head :)

2 comments:

Gemma said...

Oh my God, I wish I were behind this!

Lindsay said...

You're welcome! Glad you're enjoying it! :)