You do not have to be good. You do not have to walk on your knees for a hundred miles through the desert, repenting. You only have to let the soft animal of your body love what it loves.

-Mary Oliver

Friday 11 April 2008

There were bells on the hill...

I very nearly peed myself yesterday in class. We are a very funny bunch, if I do say so myself. Especially when we're taking the piss out of people who take their art really, reeeeally seriously.

And then I went out for drinks on a work night, and sang "Til There Was You" in pretty harmony with Aram and Diogo and Maria, until we were shushed by a very grumpy bar worker who told us he didn't like music. This is after we had been applauded by fellow patrons! Philistine.

And now I'm tired, and a little hungover, and full of Thai food. Mmmm. Friday.

1 comment:

Sriracha said...

Yes! Yes! This and "Goodnight, My Someone" are my lullabye requests.