You do not have to be good. You do not have to walk on your knees for a hundred miles through the desert, repenting. You only have to let the soft animal of your body love what it loves.

-Mary Oliver

Wednesday 16 April 2008

Patience is a virtue if you're in a rush

I've made a resolution to stop worrying so much. To breathe through the tasks and responsibilities that stress me out, and to try to enjoy myself more. To let what will be, be.

For the next month, I'll have people staying with me for a month straight. Today, my friend Erica (from my time in Uganda) is coming to visit a bunch of us other ex-vols, and she'll be here for a week. Immediately after, my friend Jack is taking me up on my offer to put him up while he finds a flat in London. He'll have to be out by the 7th May, though, because that's when Gemma arrives. (GEMMA'S COMING TO LONDON!!! HUZZAAAAAAH!)

It's worth remembering at times like these how quickly time goes. I've been trying to get my head around this particularly over the last few days, when I've realised we're down to our last week and a half of classes at LISPA, ever. Starting on the 28th and continuing through graduation on 18th July, we'll be pulling 10 hour days consisting only of creation time and presentations. Wow.

3 comments:

Gemma said...

Two-and-a-half weeks till London!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry to be one of the billions staying with you this month-- I promise to cook for you and be nice.

xo

Janna said...

send me a haiku from a famous place?

wish I could join!

Gemma said...

You know what I found the other day? My photos from my last Europe trip, with all of us in Paris standing around a non-existent monument making "Hmmm" faces. (Someone's guidebook listed the Bastille as "Paris's most famous non-existent monument" and we wondered... where are the others?) 'Member that? That was fun.