You do not have to be good. You do not have to walk on your knees for a hundred miles through the desert, repenting. You only have to let the soft animal of your body love what it loves.

-Mary Oliver

Monday 10 December 2007

Clockworkworld

I've got a world in my head, and it's all eaten up by this piece. This is another thing that I love about being a creator - your work eats you. In a good way. When the process is good and interesting and engaging (and this does not mean easy), it's all-encompassing - your brain is always ticking like mad, and your heart rate increases, and adrenaline is triggered by something as simple as an idea, an image, a small eureka (that probably won't end up working in the space anyway.) I am energized and exhausted and exhilerated (yes, all three). Here's hoping the teachers like the piece tomorrow as much as I do.

No comments: