You do not have to be good. You do not have to walk on your knees for a hundred miles through the desert, repenting. You only have to let the soft animal of your body love what it loves.

-Mary Oliver

Tuesday 2 September 2008

*click*

I am exaggerating very little when I say that I have taken no pictures in the entire two years I've been in London. Terrible, I know. Absurd. Totally and completely ridiculous, and I already regret it. But I've always been bad at taking pictures, so it shouldn't come as too much of a surprise.

And in those rare moments that I *do* wish I had my camera, those innocuous little slices of life like glancing up from your computer screen to see your coworkers of two years in quiet conversation, eyes on their respective screens but heads tilted slightly together, the only thing for it is to look, take it in, and think:

*click*

No comments: