You do not have to be good. You do not have to walk on your knees for a hundred miles through the desert, repenting. You only have to let the soft animal of your body love what it loves.

-Mary Oliver

Thursday 18 September 2008

Simon Says

Last night looked like it was going to devolve into a further downward spiral of anxiety and unhealthy behaviour when I got a very timely phone call from one Simon Jackson, who's had a lot of practice in talking me down from the ledge. For example:

Me: I'm gonna do it! I'm gonna jump! It's ALL TOO MUCH!!!

Him: That's too bad. I was going to read you Jane Austen while you eat that Midnight Chocolate Cookie Haagen Dazs that's in your freezer.

Me: ... ok.

And this is why I will marry him someday.

1 comment:

Janna said...

please do send over Simon's address so I can send him a proper thank you card in the mail.

Simon-- you are very good at your job. I would like to recruit you to shepard all my wayward loved ones.