You do not have to be good. You do not have to walk on your knees for a hundred miles through the desert, repenting. You only have to let the soft animal of your body love what it loves.

-Mary Oliver

Tuesday 16 September 2008

S.O.S. (Stressed Out Sister)

Things have been really crazy lately, and I'm feeling a bit stressed. Heartbreak continues to dog those around me, and I'm doing everything I can to support them. Plane tickets are being changed, plans with them, and time remaining is skooshed into tiny containers (an hour here, two hours there) that *look* as though they'll be big enough to hold what you need them to (Call agent. Scrub kitchen floor. Pack. Take clothes to Charity Shop. Work out notation for songs for Alex. Learn Portuguese).... but then never seem to be enough. My room makes it look like Hurricane Ike took a detour through East London. The kitchen isn't much better. I bought my little Learn Portuguese guide a month ago and haven't made it past the first five pages.

And I leave London in eight days.

Help!

No comments: