You do not have to be good. You do not have to walk on your knees for a hundred miles through the desert, repenting. You only have to let the soft animal of your body love what it loves.

-Mary Oliver

Wednesday 28 November 2007

More than whelmed

Yesterday was one of those days where at one point I just had to let myself cry for awhile. I'm feeling overwhelmed by a lot of things these days. Learning about the Israeli-Palestinian conflict is hard. Trying to determine my place in the school and in my life right now is hard. Feeling a little isolated is hard. Not getting enough alone-time is hard. Not having the time to really connect with my friends is hard. Working too much is hard. Having a crazy-long commute is hard. Not knowing what I want is hard...

*sigh*

The list goes on.

I am ok. I'm hanging in there. Sometimes things aren't easy, and that's ok. Let's just say that I'm really looking forward to coming home for Christmas.

2 comments:

Janna said...

holy crap, I'm so on the same page. seriously. Want to sign my "Suck It, November!" petition?

i would write you a long email about this, but even my internet isn't functioning well ( it likes blogs sometimes, and hates gmail most of the time). Anywho, I think I'm going to run away to join the circus. I'm packing a peanutbutter sandwich and a blanket and I'm off. What are you packing?

Isabel said...

all i need is blankie and you.