You do not have to be good. You do not have to walk on your knees for a hundred miles through the desert, repenting. You only have to let the soft animal of your body love what it loves.

-Mary Oliver

Thursday 15 November 2007

Part of the problem

You know, when I wrote that "I'm so happy!" entry yesterday, I knew that things were gonna turn around. I mean, that's just part of the way it works. There's always at least a little bit of other-shoe-droppage when things are going well, and the case holds here.

I'm not going to go too much into detail: suffice it to say that over the past day or two, information and emotions have come to light amongst my creation group that the group hasn't been working well, people have felt stepped on, etc. And as I wasn't aware of all these feelings of upset and frustration, I can only assume that I'm more a part of the problem than of the solution.

Resolution for the week: Listen more. Pay attention. It's not all about you.

No comments: