You do not have to be good. You do not have to walk on your knees for a hundred miles through the desert, repenting. You only have to let the soft animal of your body love what it loves.

-Mary Oliver

Friday 16 November 2007

Writer's block

I have a newfound respect for writers. I'm trying to work on my one-woman crucifixion show* and it's much more difficult than I thought it would be. Props to playwrights. It's harder than it looks. (Not that I ever thought it was easy, but.)

And speaking of Jesus and writing, here's an ad in the tube that keeps making me laugh. It's for a book that just came out called The Gospel of the Second Coming and the tagline is: "Jesus is back - and this time he's funny!" How amused am I?

*Sometimes I'm also amused thinking about the random phrases that, when googled, could potentially lead people to my blog. "One woman crucifixion show"? "Lesbian love fest"? Oh, the possibilities...

No comments: