You do not have to be good. You do not have to walk on your knees for a hundred miles through the desert, repenting. You only have to let the soft animal of your body love what it loves.

-Mary Oliver

Thursday 1 November 2007

My Dream Life as an Artist

Remember my homework assignment from last week? It's done. As done as it can be at the moment, anyway.

It's a great thing to do. Everyone should do it. In fact, I'll make you a deal - if you do yours, I'll show you mine. And for those of you who've forgotten, here's the assignment:

Write freely and openly about your dream life (as an artist or otherwise.) What do you want to do? What's important to you? Everything from grand aspirations to income to pets can and should be included.

Part two, which is optional - list five specific obstacles you see standing in your way.

I will send mine to whomever sends me theirs.

No comments: