You do not have to be good. You do not have to walk on your knees for a hundred miles through the desert, repenting. You only have to let the soft animal of your body love what it loves.

-Mary Oliver

Friday 2 November 2007

Soooo tired

I'm exhausted. It's been a very busy, very draining week, and I feel... well, exhausted. And as excited as I am to be doing this peacework course tomorrow this weekend, I also wish I could have more time to rest.

We've been doing prep work for commedia this week. It's very fun, but immensely demanding, both physically and emotionally. Today Thomas took us through an exercise dubbed "Heaven or Hell" that required everyone to be onstage on their own for 45 seconds trying to convey that they'd just seen a miracle - an angel had appeared to them. It was actually immensely difficult. And today was a day that I would've been more than happy to simply observe, and of course it ended up being a day that we had huge personal challenging things asked of us. No hiding today. And of course I ended up in tears. Again. I'm getting so sick of being the girl that cries all the time.

Anyway. I'm well. I'm just really tired. I'm going to do my reading for my course, and then to bed. More news to follow...

No comments: